Thursday, May 7, 2009

Women's Conference!!!!

Imagine 18,000 women all in one room singing "The Lord is my Light". Amazing! The spirit was so strong that everyone stood up and just belted it out! I'm not going to go on and on about the classes and each individual topic. I feel what I really need to do is just share a couple of thoughts and hope it touches whoever it needs to touch. When Elder L.Tom Perry spoke, he shared a video of random people being asked if they knew what the Mormons were or what they believed... What a shock!!! I don't really expect everyone to know what a Mormon is. I don't think I'm that naive. But my heart broke at what people thought they knew about our beliefs! It went from, we aren't Christian, we can't eat chocolate (AHHH!), we have multiple wives, to we ride in horse and buggy and we're not very social! How sad! I felt sick that I'm not doing my part as a Ladder Day Saint! Our job is to share the gospel! Open our mouths and clear up all the crazy nonsence that may be giving us such an interesting reputation. We need to ask friends and family what they DO know about our religion. Then make sure they know that they're WELCOME to ask what they don't know! We are surrounded by people who know we're LDS and won't ask the questions they want to, because they don't want to pry or be rude... Wouldn't it just make your day to have them just ask!? They won't unless you help them! Woo-Hoo! I hope I just lit a fire under your and you also get to work!! I love the gospel! It brings joy into my life daily. I have my sweet eternal family because of the blessings of the Temple and I will be forever greatful to my Heavenly Father for this beautiful life.

4 comments:

Chance and Sarah said...

Hey, I was there too. I'm totally that person she was talking about that says "I don't know how to sing". I love going to Women's Conference, it's so fun, relaxing and it makes you sit back and appreciate what you have.

Kendra and Nathan said...

Hey! You were here! I had to go up to the bookstore for work one day (we do all the giclees (art reproductions) that were for sale upstairs in the BYU bookstore) and it was INSANE the amount of women that were here! I told my mom next year she has to come. She would love it too! Hope you are well! And I love your message here. It makes me want to be braver than I have been since Hungary.

Sara White said...

okay....so I stumbled upon your blog and am pretty sure you will have no idea who I am. I have met you before but my husband Graham was really good friends with Scotty in school. Just wanted to say Hi and your family is BEAUTIFUL!

Sara White said...

Hey! Can you Email me your email address? SarainAZ@aol.com