Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Great White Hunter

Those of you who are pro Bambi better not read this post. Scott shot his first bull elk!! I was all weird about the hunting thing until Scott convinced me that it was completely necessary for population control... Anyway! He brought home the meat and we made some awesome food storage!
Ah. A perfect family picture, except that Jenna's missing and there's a huge animal head in her place. Don't mistake my face for super happy, I'm just freaked out that this huge elk head is way too close to mine!

The butchers are here! Scott's little brother Jason was there too but unfortunately, I didn't catch a shot of his face! It was priceless. Scott skinned the elk at my parents ranch and brought it straight home to be bottled.


This is my mom The Cannery Queen!! That's five pressure cookers we have going all full of delicious elk meet! I'm not kidding it was so good! We made some green chili burros and they were awesome!



By the end of the day we had 120lbs of elk meet and we threw in 75lbs of chicken for kicks and giggles! Thanks to everyone that helped!




5 comments:

SHERI said...

holy crap! That's a lot of bottled meat! I am impressed!

Life as a Greenstreet said...

Actually I have to repeat the last comment- Holy crap! That's a lot of meat. I personally don't like elk meat, and I probably couldn't shoot anything, but I would totally dig having food storage. you look so cute, Jen!

Shawna said...

Um yeah...to be a copycat...Holy Crap that is a lot of meat. But I have to say that I remember elk meat to be pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Holy meat!!! I know where I am going in a disaster when I get hungry!

McKell and John said...

Wow! That's really cool and really disgusting. And a lot of bottled meat. I do love me some green chli burros!