Friday, December 19, 2008

The Terrible Two's are Sooo Real!!

Ah. My beautiful daughter will be two January 16th, and she's decided to make me a believer in " The Terrible Two's"! I used to see naughty kids and think that their parents needed to do some damage, but NOW! I'm tellin YOU!! It does not matter what I threaten to take away or threaten to do...
I don't know if there's a smell or if she knows that I need to get something done but Walmart is the last place I ever want to go with Daisy. On that note I think ALL kids hate that place! I don't think there has ever been a time where I've gone and not seen some poor parent trying to please their rotten kid out of pitching a humiliating fit! Well last week was my turn. After whining about getting out of the cart for the first 15 minutes I finally let her down. DUMB!! It all went down hill from there and I ended up saying " Bu bye Daisy! I love you!" as she lied face down on the nasty concrete floor kicking, screaming, and crying. Meanwhile other parents were walking by just grateful that it was my turn and not theirs. I hate Walmart.

9 comments:

Kyle said...

lol! ah... walmart tantrums... sounds like fun :) hope you guys are doing well :)

SHERI said...

I love that you actually got a picture of it! Welcome to the joys of motherhood- oh how we all can relate!

Ashley Dent said...

Gotta love the Walmart tamtrum! What's with that? It's like ALL kids have to do it at some point! I know how you feel too...I was just telling my mom the other day that I was "that" mom. You know the mom that everyone is staring at and probably thinking, "why can't you just get your dang kid under control"! Yeah...that was me at Staples the other day! (of all places...it's not even fun!)

Anonymous said...

I am sure that these two pictures of Daisy freaking out just make you cringe because of the miserable memory, but they made me and Chase laugh so hard! That is just funny. Maybe you can just online shop from now on! :)

Victoria Renae said...

I remember Gracie's Wal-Mart fits... I would always tell Mom I had my cell with me, then go run off and pretend I didn't know them.

Shawna said...

LOL...seriously falling off my chair laughing. Yes us moms all go through it and we just thank god that we will hopefully never see those people again as they watch our children throwing fits. This is why my children do not go to the stores with me...seriously!

Renae said...

This is why I now leave Victoria home with the kids and go by myself! ;)
I got into the habit of going to the bakery first and getting those little mini donuts and then opening them up right there to shut the kids up. Then I'd proceed to run down every aisle and grab everything as fast as I can before the donuts ran out. What's funny is that it doesn't get any better when they get older. Walmart brings out the evil in kids. Victoria is actually worse to take there now then when she was 2. Something about pretending she doesn't know me......;)
Here's what I don't understand. Why aren't you going alone once they go to sleep? You might actually enjoy it. Just make sure you wear something scroungy and wash all of your make up before you go. You'll fit right in. ;)(that's what I do)

Life as a Greenstreet said...

I feel ya! The last place I want to go alone with my kids is Walmart or Target. Walmart is worse though since it's AWLAYS crowded. Ugh. No fun at all.

Tai said...

Oh that is so funny!!! I have so been there.. Railynn 2 1/2 and I cant figure out how to get her out of the terrible two stage. She is driving me crazy!! I always say it is a good thing our kids are so darn cute and we love them so much!!